Dermal Fillers generated the most compaints in 2022
An interesting article from our friends at Aesthetic Medicine drawing from a recent study on complaints made in the UK.
Headline numbers include:
- 1,948 were about dermal fillers, with 67% (around 1,300) regarding lip fillers.
- Cheeks were the second most complained about location of dermal fillers, making up 12% of dermal filler complaints.
- Botulinum toxin received the second highest number of complaints (677), making up 24% of the total.
Worryingly, patients are also taking to TikTok to spread the word, as #lipfillergonewrong has 91.3 million views across 820 videos.
Furthermore, almost nine in ten complainants didn’t know that botulinum toxin is a prescription-only drug before undergoing treatment, and over 20% of cases are believed to have been given using unlicensed or counterfeit botulinum toxin.
The rest of the article can be found here and is well worth reading. It really highlights the importance of patient engagement, education and social proof. We’ll take this opportunity to highlight that Consentz users can help protect themselves against these types of complaints by:
- Using Questionnaires to help understand the patients desires
- Signing Consent Forms to educate the patient on potential negetive effects
- Writing thorough notes and marking treatment photos for medical rigor
- Completing the Checkout feature to increase social proof on platforms such as Google and Trustpilot
If you need any assitance or advice with the above, please contact our care team and we’d be happy to help.